hotelsarawak.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
By providing us your personal information (“Personal Data”) whether via this website or otherwise and/or engaging hotelsarawak.com products/services, you are deemed to have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by hotelsarawak.com and all persons involved in the provision of hotelsarawak.com products/ services.
This policy is effective from October 1, 2021, but subject to changes as may be made by hotelsarawak.com from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By continuing to use hotelsarawak.com products/services and/or interact with hotelsarawak.com for the provision of our products/services following the changes made to this policy, you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes made.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
Name, nationality, date of birth, gender, identity card/passport number, job title, mailing address, email address, telephone number, bank account information, credit card information, particulars of your spouse or family members and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members, preferences and interest and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, and any other relevant information which we may require in order to provide you with our products/services.
In addition to the Personal Data which you provide to us via this website, we may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including but not limited to Personal Data available from: -
- providing our products/services to you.
- analysis of your payments or other transactions.
- any third parties (such as credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies);
- the public domain.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, please note that if you do not provide your Personal Data, hotelsarawak.com will not be able to communicate with you or provide you the products/services you require.
WHAT WE DO WITH WHAT WE COLLECT
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: -
- To provide you with our products/services as requested by you.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements or as directed by regulatory or government bodies.
- To attend to your enquiries and address any concerns or complaints.
- To comply with our obligations under law.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To use your information to contact you (by email, phone, fax, or mail) for market research purposes from time to time.
- To customise the website according to your interests; and
- Any other purposes directly or indirectly related to the purposes referred to above.
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In particular, we may disclose your personal data to the following: -
- Our directors, officers and agents for purposes relating to the provision of our products/services.
- Our related, associated, or affiliated companies.
- Any third-party service provider, agent or contractor who have been appointed by us to provide services to us subject to sufficient controls over the information.
- Any credit reference/reporting agencies including any debt collection agencies in the event of default.
- Our auditors, lawyers, consultants, and other advisors.
- Any regulatory and government bodies in order to comply with statutory and governmental requirements; and
- Any other parties authorised by you.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST ERASURE OF DATA
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is unnecessary, please submit a data deletion request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECTION
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please submit a request in writing for access to or correction of your Personal Data to:
Email address: email@example.com
Please provide us with the necessary information so as to enable us to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please also note that: -
- (a) We may charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- (b) We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction for reasons permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010, in which event we will notify you in writing of the refusal and the reasons for the refusal.
Should you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data, you may also contact us at (082) 846 999 or write to us at the above address.